Monday, October 17, 2011

October 16th photo a day, nothing for the 15th :(

Its been an emotional couple of days here. I have a horse that is almost 30 years old, and her health has been failing since August. Then I brought Aisa, (shown above) in from pasture and found her to be blind. Alot of tears were shed, but the decision was made to have the vet out and put them both to sleep today.

However, in the days between then and now Aisa's eyesight has improved, so I was spared the double heartbreak, and only had to lose one of my best friends today. Tomorrows post will be about Betsy, whom we did have to have put down today. I will share her photo, that will be for the 17th, tomorrow also.

Todays photo wasn't taken by me, but by Katie. I wanted some last photos to show the relationship with Aisa. I have had Aisa since I was 15 or 16, and I just turned 38. Her health is good right now besides the eye trouble. We got ointment for her eyes to use for a few days, and they should be good again. I am happy to be able to have my friend around for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment